Ideas for Kitchen Remodeling - Kitchen ideas
Thinking about remodeling your kitchen? This list of questions may help generate some ideas to get your kitchen remodeling project started.
About the Author
- What do you NOT you like about your current kitchen?
- Create a "wish list" for your new kitchen, and then number the items in order of importance.
- What items (i.e. cabinetry, flooring) do you want to put the most money into?
- If necessary, what items are you willing to save money on?
- How much can you realistically afford to spend? Setting a budget beforehand will make the process easier for you and could save you money.
- Are you working with a contractor or would you like a list of registered contractors in your area?
- If you plan on making big changes to your kitchen, what functions or activities do you want to plan for in this space? (i.e.: adding a fireplace, desk area or adding a table instead of the current breakfast bar).
- How will your family change over the next few years? Will you become "empty nesters," or new parents?
- Do you plan on selling your home in the next couple of years or do you plan on retiring in it?
- Are there major structural changes to consider, such as moving a wall or window?
Joe Taylor Jr. writes about trends in popular culture, design, and real estate. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Communications from Ithaca College.